Rivierabike evolved from many years of scouring Europe to find the best biking terrain. We searched Spain, through the Pyrenees, the Alps and right over to the fringes of Eastern Europe. But nothing came close to the undiscovered gem of Liguria.
Our base of operations and where our guests stay is in the quaint town of Molini di Triora at the head of the Argentina Valley, where you can enjoy the beautiful mountain views and some of the best riding in Europe.
Your hosts and guides during your holiday are Adrian Nash (aka Nasher) and Jo Denman (aka Lady P) who have been mountain biking since the early 90's both in the UK and abroad. They have mountain bike leadership instruction and first aid training to ensure you are properly looked after.
We also have guest guides both locally and from the UK.
Our Environmental Policy
We know that holidays aren’t the best things for our planet with all this carbon footprint malarkey; however it is not all negative.
As a guest of Rivierabike you will stay in a working town and not a tourist resort. We believe that mountain biking and tourism can make a positive difference to the local community and economy where we live and ride and we:
- use local hotels for our guests' accommodation.Many companies run their own chalets/villas which is the most economic option to many companies but in many cases does not contribute as much to the local economy
- eat and drink at local restaurants and café’s for our lunch stops and eveining meals
- Using organic and locally produced products from local shops (thankfully Italy is not a nation of chain stores)
- fuel and maintenance of our vehicles comes from the local garage
- contribute and are mostly responsible for the maintenance and opening of new and existing trails
- use local partners for other sporting activities and different riding spots
- assist and participate in local events and races by contribution of funds and time
- most revenue generated by Rivierabike is given back to the local economy
Our Client Code of Conduct
We work very closely with the communities where we ride - our reputation and the reputation of our clients is very important to us. The following are some suggestions to make your experience with us a responsible and respectful as well as an enjoyable one.
- Be considerate of the communities and environment you visit
- Avoid loutish behaviour when drinking in local bars
- Don't litter. Carry everything with you
- When riding in streets be courteous to local residents
- Always give way to walkers and horses on a trail
- Educate yourself about the place you are visiting and the people
- Respect cultural differences - and learn from it! When in Rome……
- Support the local economy. Buy locally made souvenirs, eat at local restaurants - enjoy the local culture!
And most of all enjoy your holiday!
Yet another article on the fantastic riding here in Molini and Liguria
Mega's now available for hire/test
The reviews just keep coming....
"Thanks Ady and Jo for a week which proved to be a superb tonic to the system. Leaving behind the abysmal UK weather, we encountered a spell of almost continuously sunny and warm conditions ,and enjoyed...read more"
George Scott (Northumberland, UK)